Choosing a Home Care Company can be overwhelming and frustrating at times. It is one of the most important decisions for your family and is often a critical time sensitive matter however how do you know what questions to ask in order to ensure you are finding the right company, and the right care provider? Every family has the right to interview their home care company and here are some questions to ask each company:
- Do they carry liability insurance?
- What screening is done with employees? (reference checks, criminal background checks, driving records).
- Is the company bonded and insured?
- Is the company regulated by the State?
- Are they inspected and licensed bi-annually?
- Are all care givers covered by workers’ compensation insurance?
- Does the agency provide in-home assessments prior to starting services?
- Are the company service rates clearly established?
- Do they charge the same rate on days, nights, and weekends?
- Does the company make periodic supervisory visits to the client’s home?
- Can you reach the company office staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
If you are wondering about our company’s answer to the above questions, we can confidently answer YES to all of the above inquiries and we would be happy to answer these questions and more by sending out a nurse for a FREE assessment. We hope that this helps navigate the waters of choosing a home care agency and we hope that whomever you choose that they are EXTRAORDINARY!